Sunday, April 14, 2013

CW Mountain Body Sugar & Salt Scrub



Amaze Your Skin AND Your Senses with Healing Deliciousness!

____________________________________________


Nestled at the base of the Unitas in Park City, Utah lives a shop that manufactures and sells the most beautiful, all natural skin products!  My daughters and I have been fans for more than 10 years.



My absolute favorite product by far is the Mountain Body Lavender & Tangerine Scrub.  

I don't buy it often because it's a bit pricey but when I do, I savor it.  Not only does it exfoliate brilliantly but the softness of my skin after a treatment is unparalleled.  The fragrance?  

Absolutely joyful!





It dawned on me yesterday that I had everything I needed to make my own version of my favorite body scrub.  I even had Tangerine EO!!
  


Remember the Summer Sensation promotion in 2012?  

Yes? ...if your 5ml bottle of Tangerine is still sitting on the shelf like mine has, I'm going to show you  a delicious way to use it :)



I've made scrubs before, they were either salt scrubs or sugar scrubs.  After reading the ingredients on my store bought jar of scrub I noticed that both sugar AND salt were used, interesting!





Notice, the ingredients: ...blend of spices and sugar.  Well, after using this scrub all these years I'm quite certain that "spice" is Kosher Salt.  I was intrigued that sugar is added too.  Sugar is supposedly less drying than salt but after time, sugar dissolves and the scrub loses it's exfoliating ability, I haven't been a fan of sugar scrubs for this reason.
  


But a combination of the two?  I can get behind that!



Alright, here's my version of...


CW Mountain Body Tangerine & Lavender Sugar & Salt Scrub


1/2  cup organic sugar ~ not necessary but it's what I had on hand
1/2  cup kosher salt
5 ml  (85 drops) of Tangerine essential oil (Wild Orange can be used too!)
35  drops of Lavender essential oil
1/4  cup avocado oil
1/2  cup almond oil

Note:  Feel free to change up the other oils.  I had avocado and almond oil on hand, they worked beautifully to my happy surprise.  However, I wouldn't recommend olive oil because it would alter the fragrance.




One recipe will make just over 8oz of scrub.  I filled an 8oz mason jar with one batch.

I realize glass isn't the best choice of container for the shower or bath but, with over 5 ml of PURE essential oil I won't consider storing it in plastic.

Just be very careful if you're using glass in the bathroom!



That's all there is to it!  Try the salt and sugar combination, it's wonderful!!







No comments:

Post a Comment