Thursday, July 11, 2013

Doc Bronner Soap & Sugar Scrub with Coconut Oil!



Emollient Hand & Body Sugar Scrub

This is why I love surrounding myself with natural ingredients, when inspiration strikes, I can pounce!  And I pounced when l noticed my jar of coconut oil snuggled up with Dr. Bronner's Lavender soap on the window sill in my shower...





I happen to love whipping coconut oil with a little olive oil, it's a super emollient combination!  This is actually the secret to why this scrub leaves your skin feeling so soft, adding the soap factor gives the scrub even more versatility.  Speaking of versatility, Dr. Bronner's soaps are the king of it!  We buy large bottles for home, the RV and there's always a bottle in our camp gear.  You can wash your hair with it, brush your teeth with it and of course, wash with it...bargain extraordinaire!



Recipe for Softness
____________

2 cups softened ~ cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil

1 cup sugar

1 cup dr bronners lavender soap

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

10 drops wild orange essential oil







Add the softened coconut oil to a medium size mixing bowl, whip at low speed until smooth, add sugar.  

Add the liquid soap 1/2 cup at a time blending at low speed until mixed well.  

Finally, add the olive oil and Wild Orange EO, blend until smooth at low speed.


Next up!  Container ideas :)





I love mason jars as much as anyone but, I love the mason jar's gourmet cousins too.  May I introduce you?  

Weck jars were originally founded in Germany. Instead of metal rings and lid that tend to rust, Weck jars have glass lids with metal clamps and a rubber ring to keep the contents air tight.

My source is Williams Sonoma, google "weck jars" you can easily do your own price comparisons :)



THE END!


p.s.  Wild Orange EO combined with Lavender is spa moment waiting to happen ~ enjoy the aromatherapy of it!

p.s.s.  Please enjoy your gift of 10% savings on any Spark Natural order courtesy of CW.  Discount code:  campwander

No comments:

Post a Comment