Friday, March 1, 2013

: on my sewing machine :

So, remember that secret project I said I had to make?
I finished it. And I decided it was probably safe to share it with you all. :)
 
A friend of mine is graduating from high school, and her sisters are putting together a quilt with each of her friends making a square for it.
The theme color is yellow, so after some deliberation (and much Google image browsing for inspiration), this is the design I came up with. 


I've never made a quilt square before, so I was pleasantly surprised when the corners all matched up nicely, and amazingly, I only had to rip out and re-sew about 2 inches where the rick-rack had gotten a little bit crooked.  *faint surprised cheer*

So now that I have that completed, my current sewing project is finishing up my bridesmaid dress for my bestie's wedding... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment