Monday, June 10, 2013

All in One Cleaner & Softener with Epsom Salt


Epsom Salt & ADD

Once upon a time as I was gathering supplies to make a fresh batch of fabric softener, I noticed a toilet that needed cleaning.  As I stared at the toilet while holding a carton of epsom salt, a box of baking soda and my EOs, I decided to make a toilet cleaner while I was at it.  I could clean a toilet AND soften my wash saving time, money and easing the burden of Mother Nature just a little.  A proud ADD moment indeed!  Here's what I did...




In my book, fabric softener is a must.  I'd been using white vinegar for softening with success until the day I bought a gigantic bag of Epsom Salt and my eyes were opened to the endless possibilities ahead like...

FABRIC SOFTENER:
____________________________
2 cups epsom salt
1/2 cup baking soda
30 drops EO 
Mix together and add 1/4 cup per large load directly into the wash cycle.



Surely the same ingredients could clean a toilet.  





While I had all the supplies for fabric softener out, I decided I needed to add something "soapy" if I was going to tackle the toilet.  Enter, the endless supply of "One Year's Worth of Laundry Detergent" that I think my sister was responsible for?  Perfect, something soapy and begging to get used, this will work! 


___________________________________


Now, by simply increasing the size of the fabric softener recipe and adding a cup of powdered detergent, you have a planet friendly toilet cleaner too.  Add a 1/2 cup to toilet bowl, swish and scrub!
  



TOILET CLEANER:
____________________________
4 cups epsom salt
1 cup baking soda
1 cup powdered laundry soap
{3} one pint mason jars
EOs are optional but welcome :)
 - add 30 drops per 1 pint jar

Mix the whole batch in a very large bowl or 1/2 gal mason jar.  Pour into one pint jars and top with lids.
Btw, I ordered the blue mason jars from Amazon, and haven't looked back, what a difference blue makes.  



...another epsom salt secret!  
____________________________________

Hair Volumizer:  Combine equal parts of deep conditioner, 2 drops rosemary eo and epsom salt, stir and warm in a pan on low heat.  Next, work the blend through your hair and leave on for 20 minutes then rinse!



The end!






No comments:

Post a Comment