Sunday, June 9, 2013

DIY Be Slimmer & Sassier Essential Oil Blends



My Favorite EO Blends for Weight Loss
{and a good night's sleep}

Several weeks ago I came across a comment by an EO user who talked about the success she was having losing weight using an Bergamot essential oil.  I filed this away in my pea brain and continued reading.  Not 2 days later, I stumbled on a similar comment basically sharing the same success but with a variation of EOs.  I knew I had to try it and share the info with you :)

___________________________________________



This is a simple, clean, good for you weight loss blend that doesn't taste that great but it works.  

You'll need to be consistent and practice sensible eating, stay hydrated and exercise regularly!

Hello Bergamot!




When I began using EOs, Bergamot was an immediate favorite.  I started using it in the diffuser with Lavender, this is still one of my favorite diffuser blends.  Bergamot has lots of redeeming qualities aside from it's bright, citrusy fragrance.  It's a weight loss aid, can reduce LDL cholesterol levels and raise HDL cholesterol levels.  Please read this article by Dr. Edward F. Group:  The Weight Loss Benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil.



Add Frankincense for core health - this actually works great for me because I take Frankincense daily anyway, rolling it into this blend has become a real time saver. 

Remember, Frankincense is the great enhancer of any or all oils it's blended with so go ahead Frank, work your magic with Bergamot - it's all good.  AND, Frank has diuretic properties, it helps to move the water on through!



Adding Wild Orange EO aids in digestion, speeds metabolism and wards off constipation.  As a citrus EO, it's bright, cheering and keeps gloomy, self defeating thoughts at bay.  


DIY Slimmer & Sassier Blend  #1
{my personal fav}____________________________________

1 part Bergamot
1 part Frankincense
1 part Wild Orange

Fill a glass bottle to your liking.  I use an empty 15ml bottle, fill with equal parts of all three EOs then top with a glass eye dropper.  

For adults:  6 drops under tongue or in a shot glass of water etc. At least 3x a day, 4 is better!  It's a bitter blend, don't say I didn't warn you but, you can do it.  A piece of gum comes in real handy throughout the day, trust me.

What has this blend done for me?  I feel like I'm metabolizing food much quicker and my thoughts are clearer and lest I forget to mention the really good stuff ~ jeans are looser!  
Remember, you need to be consistent and take your 6 drops at least 3x a day.





  

DIY Slimmer & Sassier Blend #2
{my fav for sleep}_____________________________________


This is a Do It Yourself Gem!  Before doTERRA's Slim and Sassy Blend was introduced, Dr. Hill recommended this blend for weight loss: 1 drop cinnamon, 2 drops each of grapefruit, ginger and lemon.  Because SS has peppermint, I've tweaked the recipe by adding peppermint:

Single Shot Glass, Water Glass or Gel Cap Serving: 

1 drop cinnamon bark {helps to metabolize sugar}
2 drops ginger  {helps cells to release fat}
2 drops peppermint  {decrease appetite, reduce cravings}
2 drops lemon
2 drops grapefruit  {grapefruit and lemon both contain limonene.  Studies show that limonene can slow the increase of fat cells and, reduce the size of fat cells in a process called lipolysis.}

To Fill a 15ml Empty Bottle (almost):

20 drops cinnamon bark
40 drops ginger
40 drops peppermint
40 drops lemon
40 drops grapefruit

This blend works as an appetite suppressant, lots of people enjoy it in their drinking water throughout the day.  Sounds crazy I know but this is my favorite sleep aid blend!!  No kidding, I roll this on my feet and pads of toes and sleep like the proverbial log.   Why does this work for sleep too?  The EOs balance blood sugar and calm adrenals, often the culprit for keeping us awake at night.






As always, the food we choose to eat throughout the day is key!  EOs will help with cravings but ultimately it's our food choices that will determine our success.  Be consistent!  Consistency is the secret to success in EO use because pure plant essence is quickly absorbed, utilized in the body then let go.  This is exactly what we want, no build up to cause side effects.


Much success to you, carry your water bottle everywhere, stay well and enjoy the EO Life!


Rebecca


P.S.  Give Spark Naturals EOs a try, they're a pure EO and very special too.  You'll save money three ways:  price point, flat rate shipping - $6.49 in the US and by using the code: campwander, an additional 10% off entire order :)


No comments:

Post a Comment