Friday, August 16, 2013

Hair Helpers for Thicker, Longer Hair Naturally!


CW Hair Faves All in One Place!

 In my search for remedies to improve my hair happenings like thinning, slow growth and dryness ~ these are the best of the best {for me} IMHO.  Not only are they all natural and pretty darn inexpensive, they're time savers too!




Dry Shampoo!

My beloved hair stylist McCall @ Lunatic Fringe in Park City, UT has been on board with dry shampoo for a long time, gently "advising" me to get on board too.  Well, I haven't...until recently.  I'll tell you why in a minute :)


RECIPES
_____________________________

I've been using the basic recipe of my dry shampoo for our dog, Bart {click here}.  It certainly lends itself to human use and since I don't have fleas, I forego the Melaleuca and add Rosemary (hair loves Rosemary!) instead ha!  

Basically, you have a dry base of your choosing...in my case, I chose arrowroot starch and, a few drops of whatever EOs you need or want.  Add the wet and dry to a blender or processor, blend, spread out on a baking dish and let dry.  That's it!  I used to use a shaker container but I've found I prefer a small mason jar so I can use a pinch at a time.



C O L O R:  

There are ways to add "tint" to dry shampoo and it's impressed the heck outta me!  Check out the difference.  On the left my dirty, sweaty hair (dry, after a workout).  On the right is my hair after a "dry poo" treatment with a little color added for blondies.  Amazing huh?  The tint was accomplished by simply putting a dried herb in the food processor and pulverizing until powdery then adding to the arowroot starch.  I used 2 parts arrowroot, 1 part herb powder for tint.

Now the hard part, the exact recipe can't be unveiled quite yet.  I was asked to be part of a group test but, very soon I'll be able to share more :)











THICKER HAIR BLEND
____________________________________________ 

I've been using this EO blend for months now, it's helping so much!  Even McCall (hair stylist) agrees as she's seeing more new growth.  Let me tell you, I've saved myself hundred's of dollars in expensive hair serums with this blend!

5 drops Lavender
5 drops Rosemary
4 drops Clary Sage
4 drops Cypress

I multiply this recipe by 10x and fill a roller bottle for spot application every night!  You can also add 6 drops of the blend to a handful of shampoo.  I started to appreciate dry shampoo after a nightly application of this blend.  I only wash my hair twice a week now.










LAVENDER ROSEMARY FINAL RINSE
_____________________________________________

You can find an entire blog post on this wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL final hair rinse {HERE}.  

However, I have some NEW notes on this rinse that the blog post doesn't cover because it's a fairly new discovery!  

People are finding that after long term use their hair is growing longer and there's more of it.  SandyKay of APIYOL shared another method of application, this is a great idea too!  

{SPRAY the final rinse on after washing your hair.  Part your hair and spritz, part your hair and spritz until head has been covered.  Now my recipe lasts a lot longer than when I used to pour it on.}

Whatever would we do without Mother Nature's Beauty School?

The End!


Enjoy a 10% discount on every order of Spark Naturals products with the CW discount code:  campwander



No comments:

Post a Comment