Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rebecca's Rosemary Mint Fabric Softener (well, sorta).

The Stuff of Laundry Legends!

I have a sister, she has a blog.  She gifts the world with DIY wonderfulness...such as:

DIY Laundry stuff
DIY Cleaning products
DIY Lotions and Potions
Recipes

Her blog is awesome.  Her blog is:

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/


My Introduction to wherever this post is leading...

I'm the eldest of four sisters and, I know more than they do.  Jillee is patient with me however, she realizes that I "prefer" to embrace new ideas presented by other people, not my dorky younger sister. 
So I sat back and watched her frilly little posts about DIY laundry this and thats, humoring her with my support and encouragement because that's what wiser and older (aging amazingly well) sisters do.
I went merrily on my way spending my hard earned $$ on brand name products, especially one that may or may not be Caldrea ( oh how I love Caldrea) until one day, I ran out!  On a weekend!

They say that when a door gets slammed in your face, a window opens. 

Ok, my lightning quick thought process kicked in and scanned my options:  I live in Wyoming, we have Tide and Clorox.  And, lucky for me...white vinegar, water and Sauve (see above).

In secret, I searched Jillee's blog and found what I was looking for.  I could throw this crap together and make it until Amazon delivers the goods couldn't I?

Yes.

The rest is a humbling and horrific story of bowing to the Queen of DIY, my brat sister.  Conceding defeat as I gleefully washed load after load of clothes softened with this wondrous and CHEAP stuff in a no name bottle.  Just for kicks, here's Jillee's victory post:

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/rebeccas-rosemary-mint-fabric-softener.html

It's good stuff!  Try it, you'll LOVE it but try not make a mess like I did today and buy a bigger funnel, trust me on this.

Big Mess!
My Success!  

Thanks to my brat sister, Jillee.



No comments:

Post a Comment