Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hello Scented Coconut Oil ~ Bye Bye Candle Wax Cubes!


I confess, I love my candle wax warmers!  

Especially my campy one, it suits me to a tee but, I couldn't tolerate the synthetic scents that came along with!  Do you know what I mean?  I really loved the "idea" of the wax warmers though, the soft light, the on and off switch rather than a flame, it was a sad day when I cleaned them out and took them downstairs to the "dun da dun dun"...storage room!

A few weeks ago I wrote about repurposing forgotten candle wax warmers by adding water and essential oils...brother!  Better than the synthetic stuff but hardly wonderful...water evaporates, hello?
 

While slathering this super hero of a product on my face this morning (w/ Frankincense of course), a freaking light bulb went off!

  
Scented Coconut Oil In Candle Warmers!
{with doTERRA essential oils}


Most of us have it in the house right?  Whoa baby!  I was so excited to try this I was running around in PJs much longer than usual this morning! "ahem"



One of the exciting aspects of the whole idea?  Coconut oil hardens when cool.  Jeeez, I feel like I've hit the motherlode!  I saved my campy candle wax warmer from the storage room and brought it back to life with coconut and essential oils ~ without bothersome evaporation!  As you know by now, I love my EOs too, so there's a double dose of happy goin on at Camp Wander today, let me tell ya!



A most exciting fact to consider and be happy about is the ability to create scent in your home that's completely toxin free!  This is always a good thing, especially for allergy and asthma sufferers.

  The basic recipe is simple:  1 to 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil, 
6 to 12 drop of doTERRA essential oils


The skies the limit when choosing your scents.  This time of year, of course a few drops of Holiday Joy Blend is fabulous!  A Christmas tree scent combination of 6 drops White Fir, 4 drops Frankincense and 1 drop of Wild Orange rocks it too.  There will be a slight coconut fragrance in the mix but I love it



If you have any of these sweet plug-ins, they're great in the kitchen, bedroom or bath!  Here's some essential oil combinations to try...

For the Kitchen:  

For the Bedroom or Bath:
Lavender & Lemon
Balance & Lavender




Happy, Merry Heavenly Scented Holidays!


  Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment