Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Make Some Room Freshening Sniffers!


Now this is a fun project!

I've been meaning to make these for some time now.  I originally saw them on Ree Drummond's Tasty Kitchen website {HERE}.  The person who posted this recipe had a much more colorful photo than mine...and I sincerely hope she's not eating them.


*Much More Colorful Photo*


Okay, I'm a plain jane, what can I say?

Well, the little sniffers are extremely easy to make!  Here's how:

4   packets of gelatin
2   cups water
A small splash of vodka or rubbing alcohol to prevent mold and emulsify the oils.
30 drops (per jar) essential oil of your choosing!
2   8oz jars or smaller, depending on how many sniffers you need :)

Bring 1 cup of water to boil, sprinkle the gelatin and whisk until dissolved.  Add 1 cup cold water.

Add your choice of essential oil to the bottom of your jar.  Pour in the gelatin and let set at room temperature for several hours until set.


I used a blend of doTERRA Lavender & Balance in one jar (for moi) and White Fir in the other, for my son who lives in "the chateau" and needs about 24 of these straight away.

The Chateau.


Essential Oils Worth Sniffing!

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment