Thursday, February 21, 2013

Enhance Yoga with Essential Oils




“Blessed are the flexible...
 for they shall not be bent out of shape.”



 Just a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being introduced to Yoga enhanced with essential oils.  It was a cold, early morning session in January and truthfully, I just wanted to hide somewhere in the lobby and sip hot coffee...






But, I didn't!  I grabbed a mat and pretended that I hadn't just had knee surgery.  I wasn't the picture of grace but I did what positions I could.  What really stood out though, was the scent of essential oils being diffused.  My senses were sharpened, I became more alert and soon the chatter in my mind quieted.  Here's a few more ideas for using EOs in your yoga studio... 



PURIFY

Diffuse essential oils during yoga practice like Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss or Purify before or during the session.  This will purify the air and bring a fresh uplifting energy to the space.




CLEANSE

Keep your mats clean and free of bacteria by spritzing with On Guard and water or my favorite, Lavender and Lemon mixed with water!




AFTERWARDS

Use Peppermint to increase mental clarity and focus.  Add a drop to a cool glass of water for a refreshing drink (helps with stomach upset too).  Equal parts Lavender and Peppermint will ease joint discomfort.


Enjoy!

Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment