Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ugh.


Guys. It finally happened. I've been hoping for years that it never, ever would.

Remember that wedding Amanda and I were playing prelude for?
Yeah, that was today.

So... 
We played the first song, and that went OK, but it wasn't great, since we still had a bit of stage jitters. 

The next song- "All I Ask Of You", is our favorite to play together. 
It was going good. I was just starting to relax and enjoy myself, when-

TWANG!!!


Broken harp string. 

Microphones are wonderful things. It amplified the horribly-awful sound throughout the whole sanctuary.

After a pause of Panic, Shock and Horror, Amanda and I exchanged what-do-we-do-now looks, and then I did my best to play around my missing string. 

...

The rest of the wedding was nice, though.

Oh, and I sort-of nearly caught the bouquet. It kinda hit me on the way down, and then lay on the floor for several seconds, so if I were more of an outgoing person, I could have scooped it up before the bride's sister finally picked it up. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment