Thursday, December 1, 2011

Your Order Has Shipped {& Another Fashion Event}

Yesterday, I received a very interesting email.
Amanda and I decided to buy each other spoon rings for Christmas. 
And I got an email yesterday morning to say they had shipped.
But, instead of just saying something like "Your order has shipped", I read this-

Greetings!

Just a quick note to let you know your rings were shipped yesterday, Tuesday the 29th! And it was quite the day.... It all started when I saw your order flash across my screen, I immediately alerted the Elves in the attic. They were in the middle of a nice tea and cake break when they saw the flashing lights and heard me announce over the intercom about your order. Up they sprung, dancing a little jig, excited to get to work. I don’t know if you have every heard a crew of Elves dancing a jig, but it is very musical, what with the bells on pointy shoes and their wee voices raised in song.


Once your package had been sent down the industrial size candy cane slide in the living room, my wife and I hustled it downtown to the post office in our kick sled pulled by a pack of penguins. The whole town came out cheer the penguins on. And those birds looked so great in their new snow goggles, flying down the street with my wife on the reins and me hanging on for dear life and throwing tinsel out behind us. We arrived in a flash at the post office, where I gave a little speech about how spoon jewelry can unite all mankind in peace, kissed a few babies, shook some hands and then we all waved and shouted "Bon Voyage!" as your package was wheeled away in the lightly falling snow.

 

Which, I thought was a very unique and creative way to say that a package had shipped.
It made me smile, and I can't wait to get my ring!! :D


 On another note, today is the first day of Natasha's 12 Days Of Christmas fashion event.
I can't promise I'll be able to post everyday, but I'd like to do some of them.
 Amanda and I went to town this morning- Christmas shopping. :)
When I got home I exchanged the boots for stripey socks and clogs.
 Favorite Christmas Ornament?
Probably this Swedish horse. We've had it as long as I can remember, and I loved it as a child. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment