Monday, November 5, 2012

Frozen Yogurt Buttons w/ Lemon EO ~ Healthy, Lemony Treats!


You know me, always on the lookout for ways to incorporate my doTERRA essential oils into life's everyday things!  Of course, the only reason I can actually add Lemon EO to my yogurt is because doTERRA essential oils are pure enough to take internally.  Cool huh?!

This is a treat that the whole family will love, a tried and true, fun treat for everyone.  My sister Jill created a pinning frenzy last March when she introduced "Frozen Yogurt Dots" on One Good Thing by Jillee. 

I think you'll enjoy this new healthy twist on an old favorite! 
 


Buy or make your favorite Honey, Vanilla or Plain yogurt, I happen to be crazy about Honey Greek Yogurt so I won't be adding any sweetening ingredients...however, feel free to make your own adjustments :)  Carton shown is 24 oz.  

Ratio: 3 drops doTERRA Lemon EO per 1 cup yogurt.


Transfer your yogurt to a glass or stainless steel bowl.

Drip your Lemon EO into the yogurt and mix well.  FYI: Store EO infused yogurt in a glass or stainless steel containers as pure essential oils will leach petro chemicals from the plastic carton.


Spoon approximately 1 cup into a sandwich bag and snip a tiny piece off bottom corner to squeeze out little buttons onto a silicone mat or foil covered cookie sheet.  

Freeze for 2 hours until the yogurt hardens.  



Creamy or frozen, it's scrumptious either way!
 The lemony Greek Yogurt makes an excellent fruit dip, a yummy topping for pound cake with fruit and is great in a smoothie.


I love the versatility of this amazing bottle of essential oil!  

At our house, 2 to 3 drops go into every glass of water we drink for a gentle detox all day long.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to discover yet another way to add the healthy, cleansing benefits of Lemon to our diet! 


Stay Well and Make it Taste Good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment