Saturday, January 26, 2013

Knotted Updo



It's a hairstyle tutorial! Yay. 

This is a hairdo I was planning to make a tutorial for before I cut my hair in October, but that didn't happen. Obviously.
Conveniently however, I have long-haired sisters who I can force are willing to model. ;P

I'm calling this one The Knotted Updo. 
Because it's an updo... made out of knots. :D 
*cough*

1. Start out with your hair in a ponytail.


2. Take a small/medium section from the top of the ponytail.


3. Wrap around your fingers to make a loop...


4. ...and pull the tail through the loop.


5. Voila! A knot.


6. Pin the knot securely in place over the hairband.


7. Repeat with 2-3 more sections over the top of the ponytail.


8. Next you're going to take a section from the bottom, and add it to one of the loose top sections. 
Continue tying knots, pinning, and adding sections together, until you're left with just one section.


9. Tie a couple knots in it...


10. ...and hide the ends under the bun- and pin in place.


Finished! 

Depending on the size of sections you take, and how tight or loose you make the knots, this can be a really compact and  intricate looking bun, or, a really loose, almost-looks-like-curls sort of updo. 

Usually, I'd do it kinda loose, so I'd have this massive updo... It was awesome.

And now I kinda miss my long hair. Waa.
Oh well. It'll grow back. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment