Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beauty Secrets of Grapefruit Essential Oil!


Truthfully, I've never paid much attention to grapefruit. I remember my Mom going on diets when I was younger, most of them including grapefruit with sweetener for breakfast but that's about it.  Oh, and I wouldn't touch the stuff!  

As it turns out, grapefruit really is a *star* in the battle of the bulge because it's a natural diuretic, works as an appetite suppressant and has a powerful antioxidant called d-limonene which is excellent for the skin.  Okay Mom, I guess you knew what you were doing afterall...but sweetener?  Oh no, no, nooooo!



Thirty something years later I have my own weight issues...go figure.  So, living by Mom's example (cuz she's gorgeous) I've incorporated a few ways to get Grapefruit essential oil in my belly, because of my belly.  Yeah, I'm talking high octane plant essence!






I now drink several bottles of Grapefruit water throughout the day in a glass.  I take it wherever I go (in a glass bottle)!  I'm excited about the health benefits and just as excited to finally break my bottled water habit!   I know, I know...just shameful!

If you're feeling really fancy, put your essential oil in a glass of sparkling Pellegrino...oh so delicious and refreshing, especially with a slice of lime!




Quick story about another way Grapefruit is helping me.  Last week I returned from a trip to CA, I was gone 4 days and drank enough Diet Coke to fill a kiddie pool.  Understand, I've had to break this nasty habit several times in my life...you'd think I would have learned that this hurt!  Long story short, when I returned home I went cold turkey and developed a MOTHER of a headache.  The dreaded withdrawal headache that lavender, peppermint nor basil wasn't even touching!  Last resort before reaching for Advil, I tried Grapefruit oil on my temples, behind my ears down to the base of my neck.  In a matter of minutes it worked, I was SO impressed!  

I also moisturize and tighten the tush after a shower with Grapefruit and Coconut Oil!  You can find my grapefruit moisturizer blog post {HERE}  It's a good way to fight cellulite, smell happy like a grapefruit and be baby soft, all at once.



Amen to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment