Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How to Cool Down ~ Hot Flashes ~ in a Flash!



Hot flashes are a universal pain in the tush, aren't they?

It's my body, I am my body but, my body doesn't like night sweats...so, even waxing philosophical and being one with the hot flash makes me....well, crankier than hell  *cheesy smile* (pardon my french).  Lucky for me, hot flashes are minimal compared to some...but believe you me, I know enough about hot flashes and night sweats NOT, to want them in my life!



According to Dr. Andrew Weil (a man), imagery of cool, cold scenery can help control our inner thermostat and hot flashes.  But, if you've ever been in the throes of a gnarly one, a picture of a snowy slope can kiss my....what a nice picture!

 
Okay, back to the business of getting rid of the kleenex under  your arms...


I have a few ideas for you, one of them I learned today from my friend Kolette... over coffee... where the best advice flows freely.  Aren't girlfriends the best!?



When you're about to have a hot flash or in the throes of one, put 2 drops of Lemon EO on your tongue or in water.  Symptoms will vanish or subside.

If hot flashes and night sweats are a chronic problem, add 2 drops of Lemon EO to a glass of water and drink lemon water during the day as well.  There are SO many benefits from drinking lemon water, you can read about them {HERE}.


Lemon essential oil is one of my favorites because it's affordable and has a broad spectrum of powerful attributes!  doTERRA sources their lemons from Tuscany, Italy where they're cold pressed, then brought to the U.S. where each batch undergoes extensive tests including mass spectrometry and gas chromatography.




Peppermint EO, known for it's cooling properties is excellent for an instant chill down too!

Make a spray with 4 to 5 drops of peppermint oil, water and a 1/2 teaspoon of rubbing alcohol.  Spritz the back of your neck, your chest and forearms.  Oh, and you will just smell soooooo NICE!




However, should you be extra cranky, there will be NO jet streams of peppermint oil in the direction of your beloved, your boss or kids face...okay? ;)


If spritzing isn't convenient, whip out your small travel bottle of Peppermint from your handy Camp Wander Travel Pack and dab a drop on the back of your neck at the base.  

Take some advice from a wench who knows, ALWAYS keep Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender where you can reach it!



No comments:

Post a Comment