Friday, August 10, 2012

DIY Wood Oil With Lemon EO ~ Deep Moisture for Wood Floors & Furniture


What a little gem of a recipe this is! 

The brainchild of my daughter Tiff, she put her doTERRA lemon essential oil to work brilliantly with this simple recipe.

So, I went to work with mine this morning!  I took on my wood floors and two very tired and neglected nightstands.  I was enjoyed the task so much, I had to make myself stop to blog about it.  Every which way I turned, dry tired wood pleaded for attention, this could have gone on all day!  Amazing what this simple wood oil can take on and make new again!  Okay, check out how easy this is to make...



Recipe:

1/2  Cup Vinegar
1/2  Cup Olive Oil
20 drops of doTerra Lemon EO

See my little whisk in the picture above?  I left that in the measuring cup so I could give the blend a stir right before moistening my rag.

Tired Oak Floor

Down Right "Dewey" Wood Floor!
(face next?  maybe?  no?)

Can you stand it?!  Happy cracks!



After waxing on with a moistened rag...let the oil seep in, then wax off with a clean, dry microfiber towel.  You can use any soft cloth that won't leave a linty mess behind.

There's an added bonus to this cheery chore;  your hands will be happy as well!  No need for gloves, let the lemon EO and olive oil seep into your skin too.  Heck, if your hands are clean, spread it on your face too!  It's that pure and moisturizing :)  This is multi-tasking in it's finest hour.





Now for the nightstands, the poor neglected nightstands :(

Before.
After.

Projects like this are ever entertaining at our house.  We understand the term, "at your own risk" because one never knows the dangers that lurk behind and under our furniture.  Today's find was amusing though...to me lol!  A fond memory of a little marital unrest and my passive aggressive way of dealing with it.  You see, I like to leave notes...


There you have it, undeniable proof, dust bunnies and all, of my passive aggressive behavior in relationships!  I thought it was brilliant at the time, to leave this on his nightstand for him to discover and ponder and realize I was right all along!

Yeah right.
*shrug*

Enjoy this journey and, your soft hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment