Monday, September 3, 2012

How I Kicked The Bottled Water Habit!!


For some time now, I've been hooked on bottled water.  I know, there are worse things to be hooked on but seriously, what about all that plastic?!  Now that's serious!

Plastic pollutes the earth.
Plastic corrodes my body.
Plastic is expensive.
Plastic is wasteful.

Plastic is devious.  I had no ideas how much I was consuming until I started recycling!  It was a wake~up call and I had to do something about it.



A few weeks ago, after decades of buying bottled water I  found a secret that's been working and, it's so simple!  Simple works for me.  In fact, have you ever noticed how a Win/Win situation is always S I M P L E?
   

Here's my story, my simple story :)  Two weeks ago, my family was in Newport Beach, CA for my brother's wedding.  One morning my sister, JoAnn and I wandered into this place... 


...and this "tall drink of water" caught my eye!



An attractive, streamlined glass bottle with a pop-up lid and a locking handle.  {Glass} being the key word here because plastic and essential oils DO NOT play well together.  I justified this purchase by deciding I might drink more water if could add essential oils.  And hey, what about all that plastic I have to dump at the recycle center.  What are the health benefits and, would I commit to this?  

My bottle of Lemon essential oil came to mind, Grapefruit joined the conversation too!  As I already mentioned, simple just works and it's almost ALWAYS a Win Win outcome.  Here's a list of Lemon's winning ways when mixed with plain old tap water.




A couple drops of Lemon in my reusable {glass} water bottle brings me so many benefits that include beauty, health, healing and an instant hit of revitalizing aromatherapy every time I pop the lid for a drink of Lemon water!


Or, a couple drops of Grapefruit (my fav!) in my reusable {glass} water bottle for  a cleansing and refreshing, fat chasing cocktail.  It's also a great diuretic, stimulant and, one of the few essential oils that can cut a Diet Coke withdrawal headache.  Grapefruit is one of the essential oils I'm drawn to, I also moisturize with it!  {click here} to learn more about the beautifying attributes of Grapefruit essential oil.



For an extra treat, add some of the citrus oils to sparkling water and suddenly a glass of water takes on new meaning!

Once again, here's even more proof that doTERRA essential oils are fabulous for changing lives and improving the planet.  I'm relieved that I've cut my plastic bottle consumption to almost nothing...I regretted every bottle I threw away!  Now that I know Lemon or Grapefruit is gracing my drinking water, I no longer have an aversion to tap water!  




Yet another S I M P L E change you can make in your life with ground breaking benefits!  


doTERRA essential oils are my kind of  S I M P L E.


No comments:

Post a Comment