Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hunter's Care Package ~ Be Wilderness Ready!

Call of the Wild.

I just dropped Mike off at the Killgore Creek trailhead in the Hoback mountain range of Wyoming to scout for elk.  In 4 short weeks, he'll be outfitting for family and friends headed west to spend 2 weeks elk hunting.  Picture this will you?  Three old mature men, two younger, horses, guns, whiskey and beer.  Should I be worried??  Probably!

Truth be told, I always worry when Mike's camped in the wilderness because our bear population has all but exploded in WY.  Bears aren't the only worry though, there are LOTS of other things that can come up too!  I like to think I've got his back in the preparedness department, here are 3 ways to ensure a safe and sane camp.

First and foremost, I'll be sending a few essential oils in Mikes daypack.  The CW Travel Pack is PERFECT for tucking into the daypack because it's light and rugged.  Packaged in an Altoids tin, it's easy to have on the trail if needed.


Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, On Guard and Melaleuca  
....a few doTERRA On Guard Throat Drops and some Dora Bandaids (that's all I had in the house okay?)

With 5 essential oils he's prepared for:


Stomach issues
Restful sleep
Cuts and wounds
Muscle ache (you saw those mountains, they'll be hurting for sure)
Blisters
Burns
Hangover Headaches
Fever
Water purification
Sore throat
Allergies
Ear ache
Insect bites

P.S.  I'll be sending a cheat sheet with Mike too, just so he knows how and what to use for these various maladies.  


Light their way with Solar Lanterns!

Our son in law gave me this idea!  He mentioned that our backyard solar lights would be great for elk camp.  Great idea!  Often, the weary hunters are stumbling into camp at dusk after a LONG day of hiking and hunting.  I like knowing that the solar lanterns are lighting up camp (latrine included) welcoming them home!  I fill Mike's Solar Lantern with emergency essentials like matches, fire starters and a candle.  I also keep one of these in my car at all times.


All Purpose Healing Balm {for men & horses!)


I've made gallons of this!  With over 20 drops of Lavender, Lemon and Melaleuca doTERRA essential oil in each 4 oz jar, this balm is packed with healing and disinfecting oils!  Not only disinfecting but, anti microbial, anti fungal and antibacterial too!  I feel confident that if man or horse gets a cut or abrasion, this balm will do the trick of getting the "ick" out, protecting the wound and healing tissue.  



Make sure your hunter's prepared this season with a few essential oils to cover a myriad of symptoms or situations!  Light their way with fire hazard free solar lanterns packed with emergency essentials, and be ready for wound care, be they man or beast with All Purpose Healing Balm!




No comments:

Post a Comment