Monday, May 13, 2013

How to Nourish Your Nails with EOs!



Pretty Nails! 
...I wonder if she gardens.


Not too long ago, I had the crazy notion to get a set of nail tips for the umpteenth time!  The desire for long, pretty nails goes back to when I was a little girl, I'm blaming this on Barbie!  Cindy and I would ride our banana seat bikes to Savon and buy plastic glue-on nails with our allowance.  The Princess Syndrome was alive and well in the 60s in case you were wondering.






Fast forward 2 months after the nail appointment to this!  The FAKE nails have been agonizingly pulled off because I couldn't stand them anymore!  People, how do you type with these things?  

True Story:  When I was a package car driver for "Brown", nails were all the rage with some of the female drivers...OH THE PRICE OF BEAUTY!  Having my nail yanked backwards while handling 400 packages never sounded like fun.


Okay, I digress...

In looking to my EOs for quick healing and recovery, I found several remedies to get my healthy nails back, making good a fervent promise to my damaged digits to use lots of nourishing EOs for my latest blunder.



Castor Oil ~ EO Nail Soak
___________________________________


Thick, conditioning castor oil leaves behind a hard, shiny, protective residue on nails (manicurists, are you listening?)  This helps prevent environmental damage, strengthens nails and relieves dry, cracked cuticles!!!  Add some DIY Immortelle to that and WHOA, this becomes one effective treatment!

4 tablespoons castor oil
10 drops DIY Immortelle  {Frankincense, Lavender & Cypress}

Set a small bowl of oil in a shallow hot water bath for just a few minutes to warm up the oil blend.  Soak fingertips in the oil for 5 to 10 minutes to soften nails and cuticles.  Pat your fingertips dry then gently push back cuticles...buffing dry with a soft cloth afterwards.
  


Moisturize afterwards with your favorite moisturizer or better yet...


The Caster Oil ~ EO Nail Soak can be re-used 3 to 4 times, just keep it refrigerated.



Roller Bottle Nightly Nail Oil
______________________________________________


{try it, you'll like it}


This is a penetrable blend of oils that will moisturize your nails, building their strength and flexibility.  Helps with brittleness, peeling and cracking!

20 drops Lavender
10 drops Lemon
2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
1 5ml roller bottle (up-cycle an empty EO bottle)
  
Optional:  Add 10 drops Melaleuca if you have any nail fungus.

Roll on each nail and massage in at bedtime.

______________________________________

There you have a it, two simple, natural treatments for healthy, stronger nails.  I just have to say that with every passing day my admiration and conviction continues to grow for PURE essential oils.  I haven't bought OTC remedies in a very, very long time and now, even beauty products are slowly being replaced by EOs.


  PURE essential oils are truly the best bargain out there when you consider their life changing benefits!


Cheers to Beautiful Nails & the EO Life!




No comments:

Post a Comment