Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Promise of Choice





Not your usual CW blog post...


Today I feel compelled to share a few thoughts about last weeks events because there was a shift that's changed my perspective of the trending essential oil community.  dT and a segment thereof have set my teeth on edge and I'd like to explain why...




For a few days on FB last week, the wolves were unleashed because I presented a much needed option that only another essential oil company could provide, another beautifully pure line of EOs, without the hyped up pricing and membership requirements.  If you'll open your minds to this, it's great news!  Therapeutic essential oil use is ON THE MAP, and I'll happily give dT and others the credit for this.  Now, even MORE people will be able to enjoy what you and I have the past few years.  Unfortunately, the dT faithful are angry and suspicious, taking the news as a personal threat, oh how this mindset speaks volumes.  But, I do understand this fear.  I had blinders on toountil I came online with my passion for EOs and the desire to build a business.  

I've learned many things on this journey, especially now that I have my finger on the pulse of the need - EVERYONE needs the opportunity to bring healing essential oils into their homes.  We talk about being the healer in our homes, can you imagine not having the means to do so?  Thankfully, yes thankfully...more companies like SN are stepping forward without the hoops, rank games and explosive overhead of dT, keeping the price point down.  SN essential oils are every bit as PURE as dT oils, they are not a cheap version.  

There is discord in the hallowed halls of dT, that actually is perpetuated by the MLM business model: "What if my team buys from SN and they don't make their $100+ LRP order every month?  How will I get my Power of 3 bonus?  I have to spend $100+ if I want that $50 bonus!  If I don't get my Power of 3 bonus, I won't be able to buy more oils.  I have to be able to budget in $125+ to get that free oil of the month because its FREE, I can't pass that up.  And I count on those LRP points to subsidize the purchase of more oils.  I'll do whatever it takes to jump rank, I'll spend MORE money, I'll get my people to spend MORE money.  The newcomer must not be trusted, Camp Wander must comply, dT must never be challenged!  This is wrong on every level and I'm waking from this trance at lightning speed.  It's like walking into the market and buying only the most expensive brands because all the other brands must be inferior.  Use your critical thinking skills, just like you do when shopping for anything else. 

There's a great big disconnect in this EO community, many view choice as a threat.  But it's the American way, a basic right.  The promise of choice in this country is enjoyed by every one of us everyday, how you heal your family shouldn't be any different.

I do understand a living needs to be made, I get that!  Like many of you, I make my living sharing oils too.  But, ask yourself this question, what are you spending to be an essential oil user and/or business builder in an MLM company?  I can raise my hand right now with the answer, it's a lot!  Realize too, I don't burn through tanks of gas or plane tickets or time away from family to put on events either, I won't do it.  I do all my sharing from home, online.  I have never held ONE event and despite the initial doubt from dT leaders, it's proven to be more effective than the home party approach.  I listened to my heart not the hype, it never disappoints. The price, on many levels, of being an MLM essential oil user is too high.  dT counts on you to spend your hard earned money to get out there with a smile on your face and market their inflated prices AND be excited if you earn your $50 Power of 3 bonus.  If you're happy with this, wonderful!  I'm not here to change your mind, only to open a conversation that it's just not an affordable option for the majority.

Because I publicly shared another quality EO option for those who can't afford an enrollment fee and inflated prices all heck broke loose last week and the ruckus is still alive and well!  Rather than a blessing, it was mayhem.  But you know what?  I'd do it all again, I feel that strongly about the promise of choice.  

Why are we so resistant to change?  Why are we threatened by something that's a force for good too, but with a different label?  What's wrong with using both companies products?  If you're feeling threatened by any of this, you need to understand why.  Shouldn't we be EXCITED that hundreds of thousands of people are discovering therapeutic essential oils and learning how to use them?  If you're truly an advocate of essential oils, you'll do whatever it takes to get the word out, EVEN if it means offering another option to those who need them.  I promise you, if your heart takes hold of this concept...your dT business (any business) will thrive!  


Living a life of lack only attracts more of the same.

One more thing, because of what I do, I get to talk to people every day, all over the world - it's the most incredible experience.  In the last 5 days I've had dozens of dT IPCs contact me, grateful to be validated.  Like many, every month they worry about placing large enough LRP orders, many admitting that they too subsidize their oils with other brands in secret.  Again, you have a choice, no one is asking you to leave dT, just to see that it doesn't have to look a certain way.  Live the EO life as it's intended, with gratitude and JOY and wellness!


This is not betrayal ~ this is embracing the Greater Good!


So, what's next for Camp Wander?  A balanced use of essential oils that I've grown to trust.  It's a new day!



Much Love and Appreciation to EVERYONE!  




No comments:

Post a Comment