Sunday, April 22, 2012

.98 cent Cement Blocks for Your Solar Patio Lights - Winning!


It's official, I love concrete blocks.

I love their price, their versatility, their blockiness and even the neutral gray color.  They're the perfect weight, hefty enough to stay put, light enough to handle.  Love em!



When I first saw these gems at Home Depot, both flowers and solar lights popped into my head.  I know, sometimes I wonder about my thought process too.  I went with flowers first, of course.  Loved the look!  Perfect for steps, holds in heat for my heat loving herbs and like I mentioned above, these buggers have so much versatility!  




The solar light bases are so easy to put together, it's literally a 5 min project.


On my second trip back to Home Depot, I found these, they're called half blocks which I like better for a project like this because they're narrow and won't need as much fill.  Same great price too!

Shopping List:  Blocks and a bag of pea pebbles @ $2.50 a bag.  I filled four blocks and had almost a half bag of pebbles leftover for another project  (DIY creek).


Place your blocks where you want them, fill halfway with pebbles, set your lights.  When your lights are straight and level, fill in completely.  I like to water in the pebbles to wash them off and set them.  That's it!  5 minute tops.


Another reason why I love these?  The dang dogs can't knock them over now!


Have fun with this project! 

Lighting the way in Wyoming....



Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for this precious effort that you described in this blog about Cement blocksConcrete blocks.It’s good to represent thoughts through Cement blocks.

    ReplyDelete