Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Happiest of Birthdays!




Yep, I had a birthday yesterday and I ate cake.  A lot of cake.  I didn't wear ruffles or let the maid touch my feet but, I was pampered in a different way, by a gorgeous day, heartfelt gifts and family around the table.


My daughter baked this birthday cake.




This is a real cake, the kind of cake where all parts are edible!  Looks good huh?  It is, and even better the next morning with coffee.  Its a well known fact that one should continue celebrating their birthday the next day if there is leftover cake to celebrate with.







This same daughter and her family gave me Tibetan prayer flags, I love these and I think every backyard should fly them.  Traditionally, prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength, and wisdom.  The Tibetans believe the prayers will be blown by the wind to spread the good will and compassion into all pervading space.  Therefore, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all. 


No shortage of wind here...
(Wyoming...sheesh!)



This is actually a second set, my old flags are completely unraveled but that's a good thing!



A new camera bag which I needed desperately, with a tripod that's still in the clutches of UPS.







See if you can guess what this is smarty pants...




Wrong!  It's a hand thrown Butter Bell...

Put softened butter in the cup part, and an inch of water in the crock part.  Place the cup part upsidedown into the water and your butter can be kept on the counter and stay fresh for up to a week.  

Brilliant!


I also was very excited to get some gift certificates to our local nursery!  Thanks to sisters, Mom and daughter!  I'll be sure to show you those finds, it's a great nursery.




And last but in no way, least...






This performance was by far one of the best highlights of my day!  Taya and Dodger singing their hearts out with a cameo appearance by Marley the bulldog, sideways.


Just roll with it :)




Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment