Thursday, April 19, 2012

.98 Cent Concrete Block Pots & Stylin Steps


.98 cents

I was a little antsy today, I blame it on the weather.  We've had beautiful and ugly April days in Wyoming.  Lately, kinda ugly.  Our gardens are itching to get started and the trees and lilacs are near bursting with buds.  But Mother Nature just can't give up enough warm days in a row for anything to get up & go, including me.  So, I went to Home Depot to see what their garden center was up to.


I browsed the poor half frozen annuals, the stupidly expensive selection of potting soils... {Have you noticed how pricey potting soil is?  Fear not, CW will post a potting soil recipe very soon!}
...and the pots, I was completely underwhelmed.  Meanwhile, as I sipped my Starbucks VL down to the last drop...I happened down the building material aisle.







People, never forget to wander around the building material aisles!  There are treasures awaiting your imaginations notice.  Cheap treasures, like my find of the day!  Regular price: $1.30 ... wow!  At checkout: .98 cents!!




I really didn't have any idea where I would use these blocks but heck, at .98 I splurged and bought three!


When I arrived back at the homestead, this is what I found on my doorstep.  Baby delphiniums from my neighbor's garden...the truest nature of gardening, share thy bounty :)


Okay, back to business...




Here's the goods.  The white tile are remnants from our bath remodel and fit inside the blocks perfectly.  I used them to create a bottom in each block.


Our newly shaved and very frisky Newfie, Roxy had to shadow me through the whole process!  ROXY, move!


This is turning out to be a travel journal.







I love the look, I love the price, I love the ingenuity of it all.


I'm going back for more today.  My next batch of blocks will sit on a different set of steps, I'll fill each one with sand and place a solar light in each one.  Nice huh?  I'll post a photo on Facebook when they're done.




Have a lovely day!


Rebecca





No comments:

Post a Comment