Monday, May 14, 2012

A Slice of Paradise for Camp Wander!


Star Valley, WY

Last week was a wonderfully busy one!  Rustic and I busted out of town last Sunday with a mission in mind, but blissfully unaware of how fast life as we know it would change.  

Gettin Ready to Bust...

A slice of paradise is relative.  We live in SW Wyoming where the air is clean, the sky is big, employment is plentiful and you can be outside of town in 2 minutes flat.  I know how blessed we are but there are times that I long for mountains instead of buttes, soil instead of shale and a bit of acreage for more gardens and, dare I say it...a barn!



This is our backyard, we work hard for the lushness we eek out each summer.  Look beyond the fence, it's quite barren out there!  However, as much as I love this space, my DNA whispers a four letter word in my ear,  F A R M.  

So for the heck of it we decided to head north in our search, closer to Jackson Hole.  It took less than a week to find it.  Nestled between the Salt River Range and the Salt River is a small bit of acreage that we will call home.


This bluebird of happiness greeted us on the property boundary, I took that as a good sign!

We have a TON of work to do but I wanted to share the good news with you!  I can't wait to blog about the progress...Camp Wander's new digs in the making, live from Wyoming!





Rustic walking towards the aspen grove...my own bluebird of happiness :)
Of course, it's all stunning beauty in May but come winter, we'll be waist high in S N O W...another four letter word :)

For those of you lucky enough to be urban or country farmers already, feel free to offer advice, suggestions or even tell me I'm crazy!  I'm open to your thoughts :)


Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment