Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summertime Jargaritas & Jello Pudding Jars


At the risk of sounding completely boring, I love the idea of "jargaritas" because; they're cute, contained, controlled and organized!  Not exactly young and wild thinking is it?  




Our parties these days consist of adults and kids so I'm always thinking in those terms.  When I entertained the idea of jargaritas I knew I would also have to come up with something just as great and, also in a jar for the kids.  Pudding in a jar?  Yes Ma'am!




Custom sign courtesy of Ashley @ Little Yellow Barn


I'm not going to give a specific jargarita recipe here as my method consists of "a little of this and a little of that".  Annoying cope out, I know.  Most people have their own formulas that work for them, so you go for it.  However, I will tell you that I prefer Limeade, Grand Marnier, lots of fresh lime juice and floating lime quarters, silver tequila and a few frozen raspberries.  No salt.  Okay, Okay...I know it's weird.


Make your magic, pour into 8oz jars and freeze.  I leave approx. 1/2" from the top of the jar.  When ready to serve, pull out of freezer, take off lids and insert straw.  Very fun, slushy and portable (not while driving of course!).  Note:  Non-alcohlic drinks work well too...the skies the limit!


Custom sign courtesy of Ashley @ Little Yellow Barn


These little pots of pudding are a breeze!  Jello pudding mix, a squirt of whipped cream and some fresh fruit!  Just try and keep the adults away from these!  I suggest hiding them until ready to serve.


Stock up on your mason jar serving ware because summer time and mason jars are made for each other!




Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment