Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Updates From Camp Wander's Potting Bench














UPDATE:  Vinegar Weed Killer
As you can see in the above photo, I have a fighter on my hands.  When the sun is high in the sky, I'll be blasting stubborn regrowth again.  This goes to show that you may have to apply vinegar and soap more than once for proper annihilation.  





UPDATE:  Coffee Grinds are GOOD for your soil and coffee shops want you to take their trash home.  I popped into our nearest Starbucks yesterday and they were happy to double bag their morning grounds for me.  It was enough to dress 5 raised beds and then some.  I raked it in last night and lucky for us, it rained!  I expect happy plants and worms shortly :)  P.S.  That sad looking green thing is a transplant from my sister's garden...comfrey!



UPDATE:  CW Signature Potting Mix show stunning results!
The pansies in the terracotta pot were planted in the CW Signature Potting Mix, the pansies in the black planter were planted in Ace Hardware brand potting mix.  See the difference?  One is full and happy, the other is rather stunted and stubby.



UPDATE:  DIY Kitchen Scrap Composter is filling up nicely!  I dug it into one of the raised beds for easier digging and, to attract microbes and worms to the bed.  


Take a gander at my latest favorite thing!  A 1/2 gallon mason jar.  It's working perfectly for collecting our kitchen scraps and leftover brewed coffee.  Best of all, it fits in the dishwasher!


All is well in the garden!


Enjoy the day, happy gardening and lotsa flower power to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment