Thursday, June 21, 2012

5 Essentials for Comfy Camping!



I like to camp, and I like to be  comfortable.  Since we're tent campers, it's not easy to bring along the comforts of home but, I try.  


Here's a list of a few things that I absolutely want with me to fully enjoy my camping experience, and I don't leave home without them!






First and foremost, I can't imagine being without my Patagonia Nano Puff.  It's not down, it's synthetic which makes the price point easier to swallow (sorta). It blocks wind, sheds snow and traps heat. All that in a compact quarter zip pullover.







When I camp, I want to be able to sleep comfortably, this is non-negotiable.  Comfort is a cot with a 2 inch piece of memory foam, an extra large sleeping bag and a down comforter just in case :)





Is there anything better than the smell of coffee on a frigid morning made by somebody else??  Noooo...there isn't!  While I love camp coffee brewed in an old school stainless steel percolator, I  love not having to get out of my warm sleeping bag to make it, more :)




I'm a loyal Keen Targhee fan and have been for years!  If you've never had the pleasure of walking on air, run don't walk to your nearest REI, Cabela's etc., and try on a pair.  Seriously, you will wonder where they've been all your life, you won't want to take them off and hiking will be a pleasure again.






Real wine glasses, made of glass.  A total luxury when you're sitting around the campfire waiting for someone else to fix dinner.  A nice glass of cold chardonnay after a long, hot hike just helps the world make sense again.  






There you have it, a glimpse into my pathetic lack of grit :)




Have fun out there and spoil yourself a little!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment