Saturday, June 9, 2012

Manure Tea Meets Smart Water



Are you in the mood for a time saver?  I have just the thing for you, assuming you love manure tea.

As you can see, I have a lot of backyard to plant, fertilize, water and weed.  Three different levels and one, mind you, ONE hose.  A royal pain!  This is how my 30 gal Smart Water garbage cans came to be and this is how I use them to water and fertilize simultaneously and organically.




I have two, 30 gal garbage cans filled with Smart Water (please see original post for more information on Smart Water) and one, 20 gal garbage can filled with manure tea in the brewing stage (bag of manure soaking at the bottom).  A good system, but it needed some streamlining.


I now brew manure tea directly in the Smart Water cans for a shorter period, producing a weaker tea that I can use daily.  I still brew a more concentrated tea to spray on plants and lawn with a hose sprayer attachment but, on a less often basis.




My Smart Water just got Smarter!




For everyday watering, manure tea should be brewed weak, it should look like weak iced tea.  Please see the original Sweet Manure Tea post for brewing details.



Remember, manure tea is rich in fast acting nutrients, strengthens plants and feeds the soil.  It can also be poured on compost to speed up decomposition.  It's benefits are priceless when it comes to the health of your soil, where it all begins.  




Consider passing some around to friends and family, show them that they can garden smarter too.  It's not a crazy fad, manure tea has been used to fertilize crops and gardens for generations but, somewhere along the way we turned to commercially produced chemicals and lost sight of the basics.


Smarter water is chlorine free and full of organic goodness that won't harm your plants, soil or anything beneficial that resides in your soil.  And it's pretty darn economical too, like FREE.  Every time I use Smarter water, I'm enriching the soil and genuinely feeding my plants.  It's getting more and more difficult for me to resort to hose water!


Once again, if you haven't read the original posts for Sweet Manure Tea and Smart Water, please do so... you'll have the whole picture and a lot more information!




Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment