Thursday, June 28, 2012

Five {ish} Essentials for Comfy Gardening!

I Garden.  I get Dirty.  I Love it.

One of the reasons I {LOVE} gardening is gardener's gear.  Don't you love gear??  I do!  Here's a few things I make sure to have on hand when I'm elbow deep in Smart Water, knee deep in Manure or simply enjoying my coffee in the garden on cool summer mornings.  Sorry about manure and coffee in the same sentence...I have dirt under my nails too.  


One of the 5-ish  things that make my life sheer bliss while gardening is one of these!  I call them trugs...it's a flexible plastic tote that I carry potting soil, manure, manure tea, deadheadings, tools, leaves, compost etc. in.  You name it, if it fits, this can carry it!


I've bought name brand, I've bought Walmart and cheap or expensive, they're invaluable in the garden!


And...they come in all sizes and lots of different colors, completely irresistible to gardeners and clean people.




Secondly, a four foot watering wand.  A wizardly wonder if ever I wielded a wand.  Seriously, a good wand really is magical in the garden.  A softly cascading spray of water makes all watering chores so pleasant!  






When you run out and buy a water wand, make sure to pick up one of these shut-off valves too.


Invaluable!


This valve saves me SO much time.  I no longer have to run across the whole yard to turn the water off at the spigot.  I can just flip this lever and the water get shut down until I need it again.




Thirdly plus, keep a smaller trug handy for toting tools and other necessities:


1.  When you're working in the garden...deadhead flowers as you see them.  Toss in the trug.


2.  Keep scissors handy for deadheading.


3.  Keep gloves at the ready so your nails don't look like mine.


4.  Keep a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar nearby for weed blasting.  










Meet Rox, the poster child of boredom.  


Sheesh.









Fourthly (?), raised beds make gardening so much easier, productive and comfortable! 


As you can see, mine are rustic to say the least.  They don't have to be pretty...just get some!  


If you're wondering about the black things, they're my Deep Watering Tubes, they're awesome too!










Lastly, a weatherproof, comfortable chair is a key component to comfy gardening.


This is where coffee is sipped, flowers admired and garden dreams envisioned.  Just breathe it in!  


For me, there's nothing more peaceful or gratifying than to stop for just a moment to look and listen to my garden.


....in comfort :)

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment