Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 20-23 {Boundary Waters Camping Trip}

This weekend Amanda, Morgan & I went canoeing/camping in the Boundary Waters with a group of friends from our Bible Study.

June 20

Since we were reaching our campsite by canoe I put all my stuff in plastic bags to keep it dry. 

June 21

 Once we reached the campsite some of the group went back for a second load.

The rest of us set up camp.

When we finished setting up tents the others weren't back yet, so we went exploring. 
But first we wrote them a message so they wouldn't wonder what happened to us. ;P


We had MRE's for supper the first night. It was better than I was expecting, but not something I'd like to eat a lot of. :)

 Mine came with a just-add-water strawberry shake...

June 22

 Pancakes for breakfast.


 Morgan climbing up a cliff...


...and Jim jumping off it. 
I did jump off as well- but I don't have pictures in my possession to prove it. 
You'll just have to believe me. :D


I found a rather perfect place to journal, right next to the lake.


There was a gorgeous sunset that evening.

June 23

Daniel juggling axes & a machete. :D

We packed up camp and canoed back to the main land Saturday morning- so we wouldn't get caught in a storm that was coming.

We did some sightseeing on the way home- there was this amazing building that looked kinda like a castle. 
I want one. ;D

We finished off the trip with a stop at Dairy Queen for ice cream and then went to see "Brave"- which was super fun. :D

How did you spend your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment