Monday, June 11, 2012

Rose Petal & Mint Body Scrub

Beautiful!

I'm a happy camper, I found the perfect blend of ingredients that will soften my wizened and weathered WY skin.  Too descriptive?  Sorry, I'm just being honest!  But, after my rose petal and mint treatment, things are lookin up! (don't ask).

Changing subject...

For all of you fortunate gardeners with roses in bloom, pick your most fragrant rose and put it to use in a jar with these ingredients.  You will wear the most satisfied, silly grin on your face, I promise!




These are the ingredients I chose but, you can mix up your oils and scents as you wish...keep the rose petals though, they're so lovely in a body scrub.  Thanks to The Beauty Department for the inspiration, great blog btw!


Mint!

The formula is easy, just look at your jar and think 1/3's.  One third coconut oil (coconut oil is perfection in my opinion, moisturizing and antibacterial but an incredible oil to eat and cook with as well).  1/3 rose petals (I add 2 T finely chopped mint too) and 1/3 sugar to which you will add oil to slowly in the end...I'll show you.



Fill your jar with coconut oil, to one third of the jar.


Add rose petals either from your garden or the grocery store...we beggars can't be choosers.

I crammed rose petals in the jar, pushed them down into the coconut oil using no grace at all.  I want a big rose petal presence in my scrub!  I sprinkled mint at this stage too.




It's so pretty!

Add sugar, refined, organic or raw.  I like a finer scrub so I added plain old refined sugar.  

Note:  If you're worried about applying a non-organic sugar to your body, remember that coconut oil is antibacterial...so even store bought roses are safer when combined with coconut oil.


Time to add the oil.  I love, love coconut oil and olive oil together so this is the combo I chose.  You can use almond, jojoba, avocado, grapeseed oils too.  Just personal preference here.

Give the oil time to seep into the sugar and rose petals and continue to add more oil until the sugar is saturated.  See the air bubble coming up through the oil?  This is good!


Just plain lovely!  Of course, rose petal and mint scrub is a completely amazing gift to give someone.  When giving as a gift, I like the above presentation.  Explain that when ready to use, mash the roses down into the coconut oil and mix it up.  The roses will break down further and release even more scent!  

It's still lovely all mixed together...and incredibly luscious on your skin.  

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My dry skin
Is lookin sexy now!

Have fun feeling fantastic!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment