Sunday, June 17, 2012

Buttery DIY Bisquick & Pancake Panache


It was a good day but a long one.  Six hours of driving from WY to UT and back for a great time with the fam celebrating our Dad.  We had a late afternoon BBQ with lots of good food, so I don't know why we were so hungry when we got home but hungry we were.

I looked in the refrigerator...there it was.  My jar of DIY Bisquick from the Impossible Coconut Pie post.  If I needed validation...college students and pregnant women understand this type of behavior.  However, I don't need validation, I need pancakes!





Lucky for me, I had a jar of Bisquick Mix in my fridge already so my friends, my advice to you is, make a batch of DIY Bisquick ahead of time so you too can indulge in delish, made from scratch pancakes at ungodly hours.  


DIY Bisquick
2  C flour
1  t. baking powder
1  t. sugar
1/2  t. salt
1  stick of butter 


Combine all ingredients, cut in the butter with a food processor or a pastry cutter and store in the refrigerator up to 4 months.  A single recipe fit a quart jar very nicely.


DIY Bisquick Pancakes
2  C. mix
1/2  C. buttermilk 
1/2  C. milk
2  eggs, beaten


Hot cast iron skillet, lots of butter (sticking prevention of course), fresh blueberries (yum) and real maple syrup too.


If you trust me at all...make DIY Bisquick a staple in your kitchen because there's about 997 Bisquick recipes out there for quick, healthy-ish meals and, it's not just for breakfast anymore!  


Bon Appetit and Goodnite!


Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment