Thursday, March 8, 2012

Amish 6 Week Bran Muffins


Dang good with morning coffee or afternoon coffee or car coffee or ...  ok so I like caffeine.




You had to know this was coming after yesterday's blog episode, because a plate is not a proper plate until it's filled with something to eat, right?  I know!  


I found this recipe many moons ago when my kids were in school and I was a frazzled Mom.  I loved anything that I only had to make every 6 weeks.  Sadly, the batter never lasted that long because 5 kids love fresh bran muffins before school.  


I also had cuter recipe cards back then.





These old recipe cards come in handy...saves me a lot of typing.

Note:  No idea what the green smudge is and please don't analyze my handwriting style.  Cursive and print have always been mixed together and will remain so until my hands dry up completely and fall off.


Take em camping.



Ok, basically you dump everything into a big bowl but there are a couple to steps to follow.  


First of all, combine the first 4 ingredients as well as the Raisin Bran.  Stir together and then, combine all the liquid ingredients and eggs in a separate bowl and whisk together.  Next, add to dry ingredients and stir with spoon to combine.  See sorry, sad photos below. 

(man it's tough making batter look colorful)








These are the liquid ingredients.  Just whisk them all together and pour into dry mix.















Now your muffins are ready to go into a preheated oven at 375 for 20 minutes!  And very soon your kitchen will smell wonderful and you will be enjoying a warm, moist bran muffin if you get to them first!


XOXO!

Rebecca and her bran.



No comments:

Post a Comment