Sunday, March 18, 2012

Women Save Face by Shaving *UPDATE*


Jessica Simpson

This topic needs an open discussion because apparently, I'm a late bloomer when it comes to facial shaving.  However, I have shaved my face a time or 52 for over a year and I have to say, I like it. 






Marilyn was a Facial Shaver
I first heard about facial shaving 10 years ago.  I was at work, chatting with my friends on a coffee break and one of them mentioned that she had been shaving her face and was so happy with the changes it made to her skin.  What the?  I thought she was out of her mind but, there was no denying that she looked great!  However, I still thought it was a weird thing to do.

About a year ago, my daughters were talking about this.  Lo and behold both of them shave their faces and have for some time.  Really?  Really.  How come I didn't know about this? 


Elizabeth Shaves too




Ok, three beautiful women were shaving their face weekly, there must be something to it.  And there is!


You see by shaving your face weekly, you're actually exfoliating it.  A Master Estitician I know claims that women should shave their face in order to exfoliate and encourage new cell reproduction.




She also said that men tend to age better because of their daily ritual of shaving, okay, that makes sense.  And it's a myth that if you shave your face that the facial hair will come back thicker and darker.   Good news then?  YES.


As I dug deeper on the subject, women have been shaving their faces for decades and it can actually achieve a similar result as microderm abrasion that can cost upwards of several hundred dollars.

Models have been hoarding this secret for years and now suddenly it's all the rage.  Aestheticians are now advocating "dermaplaning" which is more or less shaving but with a technical-sounding name and is done with a single #10 surgical blade by a trained professional.  


Here is a link to an obnoxious youtube video made by college coeds that I really wouldn't recommend but I was intrigued by the facial shaver they were using.  So watch it just long enough to see that...and no longer!  http://youtu.be/4sRkYcY9yNY

I ordered a 3 pack of those little straight edge razors, Tinkle Razors on Amazon today, only $4.  I've saved you some searching by linking directly to the Amazon page so you can take a look too.
I could keep waxing philosophical (waxing...ha!) about this subject but I'm already sold on the idea.  I love the way my makeup goes on so much smoother, my skin is less irritated by exfoliating this way than if I used a scrub and, that annoying peach fuzz that every woman has, young or of a certain age is gone!  Remember, peach fuzz will not come back darker and coarser because its a different type of hair.


My advice is to give it a try if you're intrigued or have been sitting on the fence on this issue. If you do your own research, you will find A LOT of information, it's out there.


**UPDATE**
March 21, 2012


After researching and writing this post, I became curious about the shaving tool recommended by the cute young things (who shave their faces) in the YouTube video that I linked to.  So I ordered a package of Tinkle Eyebrow, Face or Neck Razors.  On Amazon these razors are only $4.05 for a package of 3 (see link to Amazon page in paragraph above).  Reasonable price for an experiment in my book.  


I tried them out this morning on a dry face.  AMAZING!  I've always used a double blade razor in the shower previous to this little discovery.  No more.  I had peach fuzz I didn't know about until this morning.  I just thought you should know that those slightly annoying girls in the YouTube video knew what they were talkin about.  


THE END.


XOXO!  


Rebecca... exfoliated and fuzzless

No comments:

Post a Comment