Saturday, March 3, 2012

Readers on Your Head and Other Wacky Habits

Recently, I spent some time with one of my sisters.  We were sitting across from each other at her kitchen table, both at our laptops.  She looked over at me and asked where my readers were?  


I told her I gave them to Brad.  
Ok, maybe that's a big fat fib.


I digress.


The truth of the matter is, I'm done walking around with readers on my head.  Readers have been a part of my face and on top of my head for years!  But no more...I've hired Brad to be my eyes.  HA!  Somebody slap me :)










This is how I felt so much of time when I was a slave to the readers.  I learned to cuss like a sailor because of them.  How in the blazes were they no where to be found when I had 22 pair in the house!  




At one point in my life, I had a longterm brain freeze during which time I decided to become a UPS driver.  I blame it on Wyoming, once I moved here all body parts froze.  I had to wear readers so I could read labels, use buttons on my handheld computer etc.  This situation was a nightmare because I also had to wear sunglasses. 




I was hell on wheels in my browns, let me tell ya!  Wind whipping my hair in my face, sticking to my lipgloss, getting tangled up in the sunglasses on top of my head AND, the readers on my face.  OR vice versa, readers on my head and sunglasses on my face.  
Do you see the insanity of this?!


Well, meet my salvation.




Did you know it's possible to wear a contact in only one eye to replace reading glasses?  My brother went to the optometrist at Costco and was fitted with a monovision prescription contact for his left eye.  This revelation has been life changing for me, for work and play!  It is such a pleasure to be free of those wacky readers on my head everywhere I went.  That's it folks, one contact worn in one eye and you too can be free and clean up your language :)

Life Changing I Tell You!



No comments:

Post a Comment