Sunday, March 4, 2012

Avid Outdoor Grill Person, Rejoice!

I live in a small town in Wyoming, we have lots of fresh air but, ZERO shopping, unless you count Ace Hardware.  Our small town hardware store doesn't look like much but, it's packed with perks.  Have you ever wandered lazily down the aisle with free buttered popcorn in hand, chatting amicably with the red vested Ace guy about the Ding a Ling, Ling ice fishing competition down at the Gorge next weekend?  I didn't think so.


This quaintness is where I stumbled upon one of the greatest inventions of all time.  Armed with a 30% off "anything that you could fit in a paper bag" coupon, I was determined to get my money's worth this particular Saturday.  I filled my paper bag with 4 bottles of Bone Suckin BBQ sauce (yikes, I know!), a bag of Jack Daniels whiskey soaked wood chips (I may have lived in WY too long) and because it would fit nicely, a Weber Grilling Basket.  A complete, BBQ themed bargain bag.  I was quite proud of this. 


Ok, avid outdoor grill person, this is for you.



Solid steel baby!



Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.


Place the grill basket directly on the grill and stir!  Eight minutes to veggie perfection.
Notice the perfectly charred edges and the smoke gently billowing up through the asparagus and baby sweet peppers.  Lunchtime!


Look at those delicious, slightly smokey veggies on a bed of spinach, topped with Park City's famous Blind Dog Grill Bleu Cheese Dressing (thanks Penny).  All this wonderfulness, this superior grilling basket, was waiting to be discovered at our dinky little Ace Hardware store.


Who knew?


This item is dishwasher safe and the greatest utensil since that weird turkey baster.  

Seriously people this is one fun way to cook vegetables...easy AND tasty!

Bon Appetit











No comments:

Post a Comment