Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'll Have an Irish Coffee with that Knee Surgery, Thx!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I do hope you remembered to wear something GREEN today...a pinch or two is fine but anymore than that gets so boring ;)  As for myself?  I don't have to wear green because my eyes are green.  For the last 134 years, I've been able to sail through St. Patrick's Day quite effortlessly, thanks Mom and Dad and all you people that had anything to do with my DNA.


Now for the good stuff...

I thought we should celebrate the occasion with a lovely wee take on an Irish coffee drink.







IRISH COFFEE


  I rather like Emeril's Coffee recipe, it may not be authentically Irish but it's really, really good and, good for what ails you...like a knee.


One serving:

2 ounces coffee-flavored liqueur (me and Emeril like Kahlua)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ounce amaretto
Hot, strong brewed coffee (mmmm!)
Sweetened whipped cream, for topping






Pour 1 ounce of the coffee liqueur into a coffee cup saucer.  Put the cocoa powder on another saucer and dip the rim of an a coffee mug/glass in the coffee liqueur and then in the cocoa.  Add the remaining coffee liqueur and the amaretto to the glass.  Fill the glass with that strong hot coffee and top with some whipped cream!  

I'll drink to that and, be hoping that someone comes by with some of these...because I won't be doing any baking today.


Why?

I had to go in for a little body work yesterday.  I'm a wee bit confined to the couch for a couple of days...sipping Irish coffee and eating wee bits o' the cake that someone might stop by with...please, please, PLEASE.

And I'm going to milk this for all it's worth.
(I'll let you know how that goes)




You people have fun today!  Don't ingest too many green things ok?

XOXO!

Rebeccca...a wee bit hungry for a wee, little cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment